Π Day

Today is Π Day. I should do something to do with math to celebrate the day. For a start, I could calculate how much I need to pay my credit card bill. Or, do something that has nothing to do with math. Something really irrational. Running Π miles wouldn't be a bad idea. I find it an interesting coincidence that running Π miles is like running five kilometers(about 5.055K). So, Π is also the most popular running distance.

Perhaps, I should make this a yearly thing and run Π miles every Π Day to gauge by physical deterioration over time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats quite an amusing revealation

5.0555 kms.

The idea of maintaining an nannual log book is a good resolve??

Imagine how much time I your Pop ould take.I would never be able to complete it in the frist place.......But I hope that htill you are 58 they have a solutuion for ANTERIOR MOTOR NEURON DISEASE.

Like hyperbaric Oxygen with steamed green Moss MIST 20 mins 3 times a day for 3 years or some such