Keyhole

Keyhole

For I must be travelling on, now,
There's too many places I haven't seen
And if I stayed here with you, now
Things just wouldn't be the same
Well I'm as free as a bird now,

Lynyrd Skynyrd

This is something you absolutely must try!
Keyhole was recently acquired by Google, which is mainly gobbling companies these days. Keyhole looks at satellite data and allows you to zoom down like an eagle to any place in the world. Though it does not do a great job of looking up places in India, it's great to zip around the whole world. Liked the neat interface and functionality of remembering places as you see them. Great buttons not only to get the aerial view but also the ground-level view. Right now the 7-day Trial is free !!(w/o having enter credit card info)
Looked at NYC, London and Chicago from the ground and top-down. Man it was awesome!
Will park my car outside tomorrow to see it on satellite. Hell! This is great! Shall get it while I can.

Caution:
Could be addictive and might waste a lot of your time to no real purpose!

No comments: