Quote
As for me, I've never picked a guitar up without learning something. Sometimes you're learning things you don't want to know, like you're not as good as you thought you were. But even that's a lesson. To me, it's a friend when there's nothing else around. Everybody else is asleep or gone, or your old lady's left you. Well, you've always got her. I mean, the shape alone . . . I sleep with the thing sometimes.
Keith Richards
The previous quote was a little unsubstantiated,which drew a lot of unsubstantiated comment. I try to justify it despite the many Freudian associations with it. I am sure that Keith Richards meant going to sleep with it in a metaphorical sense. What you really, really should you not go to sleep with? Atleast with the idea. Funnily it echoes something related to
"..I thought only men went to with an idea.."
V.S. Pritchett (Blind Love)

No comments: