Early Morning
Well it has begun. What I mean is not sleeping late but being awake till almost breakfast time. I was getting some HW done and what I wish to avoid happened. Working till the wee hours of the morning.
Much as I like to bitch about it, it has its advantages. Till about 12:30 the world is awake and at least in the library its prime time.
From 12:30 to about 2:30 are the hard core late night workers for whom its just another day. After that is the graveyard shift guys. These are the guys who don't do it everyday and are the ones who have HW due later that morning. This time is perfect. Its really quiet also you feel energetic somehow at 3:00 am.
Why was I up then? At 12:00 before the cafe closed I had a double expresso shot - doppio and that kept me awake till four. Next time I might have the good sense to choose something sweeter, milkier like crammin caramel.
Another advantage is getting a free ride home in a taxi. There are some intrinsic pleasures about FREE food. Yeah but at 4:30 am nothing beats a taxi dropping you at your door and that too free.
Of course getting through the next day with some 3 hours of sleep is sheer hell!

No comments: