Catching up
I have not posted for a long time.I have lots to write about the 'trip' back home. I have not. It's flattering that people are hitting this blog and leaving comments. Keep 'em coming guys!
I am thinking of good reasons for not posting.
A slow internet dial-up courtesy the great VSNL
The heat of the past few weeks just put me to sleep
Laziness(yes I am admitting this!)

In the Meantime..
9th May
I conducted a quiz on the Boat Club where I attended the quiz club on a H-1 visa many Saturdays. It's a ghost of its former self with four people taking part. The pedigree of the contestants was of course not at all under question. Not that the tag that they were all on BBC Mastermind last year adds or subtracts their ability. (One is Mastermind India, the other a semi-finalist and the third another who made it to the TV rounds). It something that would be nice to crow about among tyros somewhere else. Hah! The quiz was fun despite the protests about the amount of stage questions.The great kanda bhaji was unavailble though. Life's not perfect.
19th May
I turned 23. Which does not seem to be any great numerological signifincance for me to really shout from the rooftops.It was an interesting day though. After a really long time that I went to Sinhagad with my parents. We left at about 5:00 am so we escaped the heat. The view from above halfway point is great. What appalled me is the amount of rubbish that people throw. I was about to yell loud abuses (no one was around) to there barbarians who litter.I paused there for a couple of seconds.
Maybe it being my 'Happy Birthday', I was looking at things differently. I picked up one of the plastic bags and started collecting the rubbish.

Among the rubbish was Goa/Manikchand Gutkha packets (do these guys survive to get to the top or does cancer kill them first?), someones left-foot slipper( my sympathies), chocolate wrappers. My efforts were noticed by a couple who asked me if I was from an organisation. Can individuals make a difference? Not alone. I know that. I hoped that atleast if the hillsides were not 100% clean after I finished. I felt I contributed in a way.
I felt a little guilty that I had not what I could have done much before. Personally its time to stop simply pointing fingers. I hope I can do that the rest of the year. Happy Birthday!

No comments: